The MLife Rewards program has been rebranded and upgraded to MGM Rewards. In this guide, we go over the complete MGM Rewards program, detailing all of the new perks and benefits you get.
Specifically, we’ll go over:
- The MGM Rewards reward and redemption details
- How you earn MGM Rewards
- All of the different reward tiers in the program
- How can you earn bonus points with an MGM Mastercard or World of Hyatt account
- MLife vs MGM Rewards in detail
If you have any questions about the MGM Rewards program, make sure you comment down below and let us know.
What are MGM Rewards?
MGM Rewards is a reward system or program for MGM Resorts, the operator and owner of casinos with properties in Las Vegas. Previously known as MLife Rewards, MGM Rewards is based on the concept of spending money at the casinos or hotels to earn rewards. You can use these rewards to redeem free hotel dining, bookings, and entertainment. The program also has a number of other perks that you earn as well.
Click here to sign up for MGM Rewards.
This new reward system was developed due to customer feedback and now offers more ways to redeem rewards, more ways to earn, as well as exclusive benefits at all MGM properties. Every eligible spender earns two different currencies: MGM Rewards points and Tier Credits.
While the former can be redeemed on spending at the hotels or casinos, the latter count towards earning higher status tiers.
Members earn 1 MGM Rewards Point per $1 and 4 Tier Credits spent on dining and stays at MGM Rewards properties. The program regularly offers bonus tier credits that you earn if you spend money within a certain period of time.
Like the MLife Rewards program, MGM Rewards is the same system synced with all of the myVegas apps.
How Can You Earn MGM Rewards?
There are different ways to earn MGM Rewards, including:
You can earn MGM Rewards by spending money at the hotels and casinos. The full list of hotels you earn rewards at are:
- Vdara at ARIA
- MGM Grand
- The Signature at MGM Grand
- Mandalay Bay.
- Delano Las Vegas
- Park MGM
- NoMad Las Vegas
- The Mirage
- New York-New York
- MGM Springfield
- Beau Rivage
- MGM National Harbor
- Gold Strike
- MGM Grand Detroit
- Empire City Casino
- MGM Northfield Park
The rewards earned at these hotels are redeemable for perks like complimentary food, hotel stays, drinks, and entertainment.
MGM Credit Card
Another way to earn MGM Rewards is to use MGM Credit Cards for your everyday purchases. The rewards earned this way can be redeemed for Slot Dollars and MGM Rewards Points for use on room, entertainment, and dining.
Other benefits of using the MGM Credit Card for purchases include:
- Earning Tier Credits and 3X Points for every $1 spent at MGM Rewards Destinations
- Earning Tier Credits and 2X Points for every $1 spent on supermarket and gas purchases.
- Earning Tier Credit and 1X Point for every $1 spent everywhere else.
Additionally, for spending $1,000 as a new cardmember, you will have the opportunity to earn 10,000 bonus points once your account is opened. Please note that new cardmembers are not eligible to earn the Bonus Tier Credits in their first three billing cycles.
World of Hyatt Points
MGM Rewards and World of Hyatt have a partnership arrangement that can benefit members in both programs. In other words, elite members of each program can earn points when staying with the other program. Members can also status match in the other program to gain an enviable status.
From this partnership, World of Hyatt members can earn the following MGM Rewards:
- Book select MGM Rewards properties through Hyatt and also redeem World of Hyatt points for select stays.
- Base and Night Point credit by staying at select MGM Rewards properties.
- 5X World of Hyatt Base Points at select MGM Rewards properties.
World of Hyatt Credit Card holders can also enjoy additional elite night credits through credit card spending and also earn automatic Discoverist status.
You can be matched to MGM Rewards Pearl by leveraging this status.
MGM Rewards Tier Benefits
The following are MGM Rewards Tier, how to reach them, and their best benefits:
You can attain this status by simply signing up for the program. The perks include:
- Access to the lowest room rates when booking directly.
- A dedicated reservation line.
- Access to MGM Rewards Moments.
- Earning MGM Rewards points for purchases, including dining, room stays, and entertainment at all MGM Rewards properties.
- Quarterly cruise offers on Royal Caribbean and Celebrity Cruises.
- The ability to earn Slot Dollars and MGM Rewards points by playing video poker, slots, and video lottery at all MGM Rewards properties.
- Exclusive member-only offers to MGM Rewards Destinations.
- Exclusive MGM Rewards Pre-Sale Access for entertainment and events.
- 5% discount for members at participating retail shops.
- Save up to 30% off base rates with Avis Car Rental complimentary self-parking.
- Discounts to select MGM Rewards shows.
- World of Hyatt Status Tier Match for Hyatt members only.
- 1 holiday gift shoppe point for every 1 Slot Dollar spent
You can attain Pearl status by earning 20,000 tier Credits per earning year. Perks for this tier include:
- All Sapphire status benefits.
- MGM Rewards Points and Slot Dollars no longer expire due to inactivity.
- Invitations to member-only events, tournaments or promotions.
- Earn MGM Mastercard Points and Tier Credits on MGM Rewards Mastercard spend.
- Dedicated line at the Buffet.
- Complimentary self-parking.
- 10% bonus on Slot Dollars earned playing Slots, Video Poker and Video Lottery Terminals at all.
- 10% discount for members at participating retail shops.
- Tickets to select Exclusive MGM Rewards concerts in Las Vegas 1.
- Complimentary self-parking.
Members can attain Gold status by earning 75,000 tier Credits per earning year. Perks for this tier include:
- All Pearl and Sapphire benefits.
- Space-available room upgrades.
- Expedited reservations line.
- Exclusive Tier appreciation events.
- 20% bonus on Slot Dollars.
- A dedicated line at hotel check-in and some restaurants.
- Waived resort fees for up to two rooms when booking directly.
- $100 worth of dining credit for participating MGM Rewards restaurants.
- Complimentary enhanced room upgrade at check-in based on availability.
- Dedicated line at participating restaurant.
- VIP Line access to select nightclubs for you and at least a friend or family member in Las Vegas.
- Fine dining priority reservations.
- Priority check-in line at the front desk.
- Resort fee waived when booking directly.
- Complimentary Valet Parking at participating MGM Rewards destinations.
Members can attain this tier by earning 200,000 tier credits per earning year. Platinum tier perks include:
- All Gold, Pearl, and Sapphire benefits.
- Priority Access: Pool Cabana, Spa and Salon Reservations.
- Dedicated Line at participating cashiers cage.
- Complimentary 4pm late check-out.
- Annual complimentary cruise in an Oceanview Stateroom up to 5 nights for members on Royal Caribbean or Celebrity Cruises.
- Complimentary early check-in upon request.
- Expedited Valet and Taxi Service.
- 30% bonus on Slot Dollars earned playing Slots, Video Poker and Video Lottery Terminals at all.
- One suite upgrade in Las Vegas per year, up to a 3-night stay.
- A $600 worth of air travel credit to Las Vegas once per year.
- 15% discount for members at participating retail shops.
- A $200 worth of dining credit for participating MGM-owned restaurants.
- Early preferred access to premium seating at select entertainment & sporting events.
This is an invitation-only tier. Noir status perks include:
- All Platinum, Gold, Pearl, and Sapphire benefits.
- Increased MGM Rewards Points Earning Limits.
- Annual complimentary cruise in a Balcony stateroom up to 7 Nights for members on Royal Caribbean or Celebrity Cruises.
- Complimentary transportation to/from nearest airport with hotel stay.
- Access to VIP lounge check-in at MGM Rewards destinations.
- 40% bonus on Slot Dollars earned playing Slots, Video Poker and Video Lottery Terminals at all.
- A $1,200 worth of air travel credit to Las Vegas once per year.
- Guaranteed hotel reservations with 24-hour notice.
- A $500 worth of dining credit for participating MGM-owned restaurants.
- Guaranteed show reservations with 24-hour notice
MGM Rewards vs MLife Rewards
MGM Rewards offers far more enticing benefits than MLife Rewards. It also has some significant changes from the earlier reward system. One of the notable changes is how customers earn tier credits, which are applied to all the status levels.
While the 5 existing tiers of status remain the same, MGM Rewards now allows both gaming and non-gaming members to earn MGM Rewards points. Previously, these points were only available for gaming and co-branded credit card spend.
However, MGM Rewards has slashed the ability to earn elite status for non-gaming spend. For instance, MGM Rewards only lets you earn just 4 Tier Credits for every non-gaming dollar spent compared to the previous 25 Tier Credits per dollar for MLife Rewards.
Furthermore, Express Comps, a term used to describe the points that you earned when you stay, play, and dine at MGM properties, is now called MGM Rewards points. Similarly, the Slot Dollars that you earn when you play slots and video lottery terminals was previously called POINTPLAY. This currency lets you get free game rounds.
Overall, there is a higher number of perks at each reward level now. This is great news for most people, but you should pay attention to the perks in the tier you are currently in.
How to Redeem MGM Rewards
Redeeming MGM Rewards just got easier with the changes. Now, you can visit the MGM Rewards desk in the hotel to ask for redemption, and a member of staff will assist you accordingly. You can even check your balance and find out other details regarding the MGM Rewards system.
If you ever have any questions on how to redeem MGM Rewards, you should call the support number found in your account details.
How Much Do You Have to Spend to Reach Pearl Level?
Members can reach Pearl level by earning up to 20,000 tier credits per earning year. Pearl members enjoy lots of perks, including 10% bonus on Slot Dollars and complimentary self-parking. Plus, you will get more percentage bonuses as you continue to tier up.
You earn 1 point for every dollar spent at MGM. Slots are the fastest way to earn points, since you will earn money to reinvest and play as you are sitting there. However, don’t forget to earn a point for every dollar you spend on shows, meals, and other entertainment.
Hopefully this is a good summary on the MGM Rewards program and why it is better than the original MLife Rewards program.
If you have any questions, make sure to comment down below and let us know.